1. Eat Those Leftovers!
2. Research How Your Community Regulates Waste
- Does my town/city have recycling curbside pick up or do I take it to the recycling center?
- What can I throw in the recycling bin? Do I throw plastics, paper, glass, and aluminum together or do I seperate them?
- Does my city/town have a curbside composting program?
- Can I compost in my own backyard?
3: Wash Your Laundry in Cold Water
4. Do Your Dishes Less Often
5. Cut Your Shower Time by Five Minutes
6. Wait Until the Laundry Basket is Full to Wash.
8. Change Light Bulbs to Eco-Friendly Types
9: Track Your Waste for a Week
11. Turn Off the Lights When Not in Use
12. Donate to a Faith-Based Organization that Promotes Creation Care
13. Observe World Water Day March 22, 2019
14. Observe Earth Hour 2019 on March 30, 2019
15. Start a Neighborhood Garden
16. Eat a Plant Based Meal or Meals with Ingredients from Local Farms
17. Observe Earth Day April 22, 2019
18. Explore Local Environmental Initiatives You Can Get Involved In
19. Use Green Cleaning Products
20. Buy a Plant for Your House
21: Unplug Sockets From the Wall or Power Strip
22. Make Sure Electronics and Appliances are Off When They Are Not in Use.
23. Bring a Reusable Container for Leftovers to the Restaurant
24. Watch a Documentary on Creation Care
25. Use the Battery Saver Function on Your Phone and Computer
26. Contact Your Representative
27. Reuse. You Don't Have to Use an Item Just Once Right?
28. Make Your Next Shopping Trip Green
29. Pick Up the Trash in Your Community
30. Read a Book Concerning Creation Care
31. Use Green Transportation
32. Calculate Your Water Footprint
33. Use Gray Water
35. Check Your Car's Tire Pressure
36. Advocate for Environmental Justice
37. Try Composting at Home
38. Invest in Green Arts and Crafts Supplies
39. Track Your Use of Paper and Disposable Products
40. Looking for a New Book? Check Out Your Local Library.
41. Calculate Your Carbon Footprint
42. Learn About the Indigenous People Who Used to Live On Your Land
- What is the name of the nation who lived here before me?
- How did this nation relate to the land and ecosystems where I live now?
- How can I support the wishes of this nation who came before me?
- Are there any political actions I can take to stand in solidarity?
43. Evaluate Coffee Hour at Your Church or Place of Employment
44. Try Cooking One-Pot Meals
Check out Creation Justice Ministries voting guide to brush up on how to be a creation care voter. Our votes determine who makes decisions for our nation. Prioritize voting for candidates that prioritize creation care.
You can also check your state government websites for information about all the candidates to help you make an informed decision.
46. Invest in a Reusable Water Bottle
47. Work With Your Local Government to Sponsor a Recycling Event for Electronics or Hazardous Waste
48. #OptOutdoors this Black Friday
49. Check Cabinets for Expired Medicine and Properly Dispose of Them
50. Opt to Wrap Your Gifts in a Reusable Bag Instead of Wrapping Pape
Wrapping paper can only be used once while gift bags can be reused. You can give a festively concealed gift and care for creation at the same time. Or you can wrap your presents in newspaper or brown paper and personalize with your own hand drawn decorations. You can still be festive and make the gift special without buying wrapping paper.