JOIN OUR TEAM
Creation Justice Ministries is currently hiring for one full-time salaried position and two part-time California-based fellowships.
Federal Public Policy Advocacy
Full-time salaried position based out of Creation Justice Ministries' headquarters in Washington, DC, starting in January 2021. In 2021, at least 50 percent of this Advocate's time will be focused on ocean-climate action.
Truth and Healing Program
If a candidate emerges who can meet the requirements of the Truth and Healing Fellowship as well as the Equity in Conservation Fellowship, these two jobs may be combined into one.
Desired Qualities of Creation Justice Ministries Staff
Moral commitment to ecological justice
Experience with anti-racism work
Knowledge of Christian theology
Respect for theological diversity
Strong written and oral communication skills
Ability to use technology to work remotely
- You apply through our online system.
- Your application is reviewed by the hiring committee.
- If your application stands out to the hiring committee as a potential fit, you have an initial screening call with one member of the hiring team, typically about 15–20 minutes long.
- If you advance past the screening call, you have a second phone interview with a member of the hiring team, typically lasting 40–60 minutes, to cover your past experience, your personal vision for the work, and your skills and qualifications.
- For the most promising candidates, you may be asked to complete a skills test. Skills tests give us a sense of how you'd approach the kind of tasks and problems you would encounter in the role.
- For those who reach the final stage, you have a group interview involving multiple members of the hiring committee. The hiring committee will ask you questions about your skills test, get more details about how your background and analysis fits with Creation Justice Ministries' values, and talk with you in a group setting.
- Lastly, the best candidate gets an offer letter and (hopefully) a position.