CAPSULES - News and Opportunities for Christians Doing Creation Justice
Got a Christian community news tip for us? Email us at email@example.com! For ongoing news updates, check our Facebook and Twitter.
CLIMATE & ENERGY NEWS
FOOD & WATER JUSTICE NEWS
- Investors and Religious Leaders Call on Decision-Makers to Make Common Sense Decisions about Methane Pollution Reduction | August 24, 2016
- Ohio Clergy Backing Federal Climate Change Plan | WCBE Radio (Sept. 24, 2016)
- United Church of Christ and Christian Church (Disciples of Christ) Youth Team Up to Bring Climate Activism to Social Media | United Church News (October 4, 2016)
- Religious Leaders Speak Out on the Review of the Federal Coal Program (June-August 2016)
- An Almost-Answer to Climate Prayers at the Second Presidential Debate | Rick Herron, Sojourners (10-10-2016)
- African Methodist Episcopal Church Passes Resolution on Climate Change | July 2016
FOOD & WATER JUSTICE NEWS
- October 9-17 is Food Week of Action. Join the fun.
- Moving from Creation Care to Earth Justice | Rev. Betsy Sowers, Alliance of Baptists (Aug. 8, 2016)
- The Spiritual Battle Over the Dakota Access Pipeline | Emily Miller, Religion News Service (Sept. 16, 2016)
- Blog: Roundup of Christian Community Support for Standing Rock | Creation Justice Ministries
Creation Justice Ministries wants to keep in touch with you. Do we have your most recent contact info and volunteer interests? Sign up.
The Arctic Refuge is being threatened by a combination of climate change and development pressures. Alaska Natives depend on the Arctic Refuge for their spiritual and physical well being, and have called for its protection for generations. Stand with Alaska Natives to protect the Arctic Refuge by signing and sharing this petition. Support by posting on social media at #WeAreTheArctic.
Bears Ears national monument proposal in southeast Utah is an unprecedented, historic proposal being led by five Native American tribes. The proposal would honor historical and current cultural and spiritual riches of surrounding Native American communities, as well as allow tribes to co-manage land with the Department of Interior. Creation Justice Ministries commissioned a poll that showed 71% of Utah voters support the proposal. Creation Justice Ministries is seeking letters of support for the Bears Ears national monument proposal from Native American ministry leaders across the United States. Email Shantha at shantha [at] creationjustice.org to get involved. We also need help creating buzz on social media at #ProtectBearsEarsNow. Sign our petition and learn more about the campaign.
Climate Change and Water Poster and Food and the Climate Crisis posters by the Presbyterian Hunger Program
Creation Justice Ministries has created an automated weekly Twitter roundup of news clips posted by member communions and their leaders, as well as state and local councils of churches. Take a look and subscribe.
Your Halloween chocolate doesn't need to be scary. Consider buying fair trade.